Bontrager Auction is a small family-owned business that specializes in online and in-person sales. We are a friendly, fun, fast-paced company in which our employees are valued.
Our auction Warehouse/Loading team is currently seeking individuals who can assist with moving, setting up, and dispersing auction merchandise according to directions given by the Auctioneer and Auction Setup Team. Individuals must be able to (or learn to) operate a skid loader skillfully, put directions into action, plan the best setup and dispersal of product to promote a smooth flow for the auction. This team is vital for making fast-paced setup and take-down of auctions efficient. The position is ideal for someone who is positive, motivated, organized, recognizes improved ways of doing things, follows directions, communicates well with others, enjoys working with a team, is flexible, and can complete work in a busy environment without supervision.
- Organize and set up auction product in warehouses, auction center, or on-location
- Load and unload large and small merchandise
- Keep track of and tag inventory
- Assist with auction pickup/dispersal
- Interact with customers in a professional manner
- May be called upon to manage Warehouse/Loading crew
- Clean and maintain auction buildings and equipment
- Operate skid loader and drive pick up trucks with trailers
- Maintain and organize paperwork related to pickup/dispersal of auction merchandise
- Friendly customer service
- Comfort with learning new technology as needed.
- Be organized
- Works as a team player
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to complete tasks within required deadlines
- Communicates clearly
- Able to lift 50 pounds and move around to different work areas as needed
- Able to walk about 12000+ steps in a day
- Work inside and outside in all weather
- Occasional evenings and Saturdays
- Follows directions
Part-time hours with the possibility of full time. Wage commensurate with experience.