Orleans County 4-H Online Fair Market: Steers, Lambs, Hogs
Ended: 08/01/20 at 7:00 PM EDT
2020 ORLEANS COUNTY 4-H ONLINE FAIR MARKET
STEERS, LAMBS & HOGS AUCTION (bid by the weight):
- Starts: Monday, July 27th at 9 a.m.
- Ends: Saturday, August 1st at 7:00 p.m. (one lot ends every 2 minutes)
POULTRY & RABBITS AUCTION (bid by the animal):
- Starts: Monday, July 27th at 9 a.m.
- Ends: Saturday, August 1st at 7:30 p.m. (one lot ends every 2 minutes)
The 2020 Fair livestock auction will be held in an online format! 4-H youth have been working hard year round to produce well cared for, quality market auction entries.
Bontrager Real Estate & Auction Service is honored to be assisting Orleans County 4-H with auctioneering services.
We will post a link to the auction as soon as possible. Our youth will also be sharing photos and videos of the project animals, as well as full view photos on the auction website. This year has been a challenge for all of us and we are very proud of the work these youth have accomplished to still produce quality animals and overcome not having an in person event to share them with bidders.
4-H builds youth who become strong leaders that make a positive difference in their community. Raising a 4-H market auction animal helps youth develop in character and learn skills that will help them throughout their lives. Participants in this program learn how to be responsible through daily care of their animal, manage money and keep records, and communicate with the public to market their product.
2020 Orleans County 4-H Market Animal Auction Bidder Information
Animals will sell based on their live weight, but the yield that you will receive will be less than that weight. For example:
- One 1,200 pound steer may yield about 600 pounds of meat.
- One 220 pound hog may yield about 130 pounds of meat.
- One 115 pound lamb may yield about 70 pounds of meat.
- One 75 pound goat may yield about 45 pounds of meat.
Auction animals (except for rabbits and poultry) may be processed by:
- Hartland Abattoir Corp – 7968 Ridge Road, Gasport, NY 14067 Phone: 716-772-7111
- Ed Roggen – Whitney Creek Farm, 1276 Judge Road, Basom, NY 14013 Phone: 585-948-9483
- Kramell’s Meat Market – 6531 Cowie Rd, Wyoming, NY 14591 Phone: 585-689-5376
- B & R Custom Butchering – 5391 Southwoods Road Medina, New York Phone: (585) 205-4231
Buyers are responsible for the processing charges (cutting, wrapping, etc.) and will need to contact the processor directly to address processing questions and pick up, unless other arrangements are made.
If the buyer wishes to take possession of the animal directly, they may call the Cooperative Extension at 585-798-4265 to schedule a pickup no later than Wednesday August 5. The amount the buyer pays for the animal above market price is tax deductible.
Buyers have the option to:
- Take possession of the animal for processing on their own.
- Have the 4-H Fair arrange transportation to the processing plant.
- Have the animal resold with the proceeds benefiting the 4-H Market Auction Program.
By bidding, you are agreeing to the auction terms and conditions:
-Orleans County Cornell Cooperative Extension reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
– Orleans County Cornell Cooperative Extension, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, sponsors, donors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction cannot hold any responsibilityor liability from any risks or hazards related to the items won at the auction.
-All sales are final.
-There is no buyer’s premium or sales tax for this auction.
-The receipt can be used to claim your tax deductible charitable donation.
-By bidding with our auction you are entering into a contract with our terms and conditions and agreeing that Bontrager Real Estate & Auction Service, its employees, officers, owners, representatives, agents, and consignors will not be held liable for any losses, claims, liabilities, judgments, expenses, fees, or other damages arising from the use of our services, website, auction property, and this site, including property damage, injuries, dispute with another bidder, or breach by bidder of this site. Any liability to a purchaser will not exceed the purchase price actually paid.
-Bontrager Real Estate & Auction Service will not be held responsible for any interruption in internet service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. By bidding with our company you are accepting that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning.
-Buyers are responsible for making arrangement to pay for and pick up items within the time frames listed for the auction.
-In the event of legal proceedings arising from this contract or from the auction in connection therewith, buyer consents to being subject to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York, Genesee County.
Orleans County Cooperative Extension
12690 NY-31, Albion, NY 14411