Genesee County and City of Batavia Properties
Bontrager’s Auction Center
Genesee County and City of Batavia
REAL ESTATE AUCTION
By order of the Genesee County Legislature
City of Batavia Council
SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2017- 10:00 A.M.
Properties sold at Bontrager’s Auction Center, 8975 Wortendyke Road, Batavia, NY
TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE PROPERTIES CATALOG, CLICK THE “DOCUMENTS” TAB, OR CLICK HERE. Please note that Genesee County Properties #4 and #6 have been withdrawn from the auction, although they still appear in the catalog, they will not be offered for auction.
GENESEE COUNTY PROPERTIES:
PARCEL #2 Town of Batavia: Alexander Rd. (next to Batavia City line), vacant .58 acre lot,Tax Map No. 12-1-37
PARCEL #4 Withdrawn from Auction
PARCEL #6 Withdrawn from Auction
PARCEL #9A Town of Pembroke: A combination bid of Parcels #7, #8, & #9, total purchase price plus a 10% raise.
CITY OF BATAVIA PROPERTIES
PARCEL #11 Colorado Ave. rear, land locked parcel, 30 x 40 ft. lot, Assessed value $200,Tax Map No. 84.075-1-4
PARCEL #12 Hull Park, land locked parcel, 16 x 66 ft. lot, Assessed value $500, Tax Map No. 84.042-2-59
**Please read the terms for this auction, which can be located by clicking on the “Terms” tab on this page or by clicking on the attached “Documents”. As noted in the terms and contracts, there will be a 10% buyer’s premium added to the final bid price, resulting in the purchase price for each property. Once you have read through the terms, feel free to contact Todd Jantzi (Bontrager’s Auctioneer), Heidi Parker (City of Batavia), or Scott German (Genesee County) if you still have questions.
***On the day of the auction, all buyers will be required to pay a deposit and sign contracts in person immediately following the auction. Please plan ahead to allow time for this process to be completed.
Please note that Genesee County Properties #4 and #6 have been withdrawn from the auction, although they still appear in the catalog, they will not be offered for auction.
GENESEE COUNTY PROPERTIES TERMS OF AUCTION:
Genesee County will sell at Public Auction various parcels of real estate which have been conveyed to the County of Genesee by final judgment under the so-called “In Rem Tax Foreclosure Proceedings”. This sale is ordered by the Genesee County Legislature and is accordance with the appropriate provisions of the Real Property Tax Law.
This sale and sale of each and every parcel herein is upon the following terms:
1. All sales are made subject to confirmation and approval thereof by the Genesee County Legislature.
2. A non-refundable deposit of twenty-five percent (25%) of the final bid price for each parcel shall be paid the day of auction with a minimum deposit of $2,000.00 on any parcel. For any parcel selling for $2,000.00 or less, the full purchase price shall be due day of auction. Payment shall be in cash or CERTIFIED BANK CHECK (a bank draft made out to yourself). Genesee County will not accept a personal check for payment of deposit.
3. There will be a ten percent (10%) Buyers Premium added to the final bid price on each property. This then shall become your purchase price.
4. The balance of the successful and accepted bid for each parcel shall be paid in cash or by certified check to the Genesee County Treasurer within thirty (30) days of the Auction confirmation by the Genesee County Legislature. For closing information, call 585-344-2550, Ext. 2210.
5. Upon payment of the balance, as above provided, the County of Genesee will deliver a standard form Bargain and Sale Deed which shall describe the parcel in the same manner as in the In Rem Foreclosure Deed to the County and which shall convey all of the right, title and interest of the County of Genesee in and to the said parcel. The County of Genesee will execute no warranties concerning the parcel or the title thereto and will not deliver or be responsible for abstracts, title searches, surveys, maps or other documents concerning the parcel whatsoever.
6. The County of Genesee shall in no event be or become liable for any defect in the title so conveyed for any cause whatsoever, or that no claim or demand of any nature shall ever be made against said Genesee County arising from such sale or conveyance or any proceedings leading thereto.
7. The successful and confirmed Purchaser shall take the parcel “as is” upon delivery of the above stated deed, in such condition as the same exists at that date and subject to all alleged possessory or other claims and all covenants, easements and restrictions of record. Also, any outstanding or current water and sewer charges shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser to pay.
8. The various parcels have been available for external viewing by any and all interested parties prior to this sale. There will be no formal open house on any property. No adjournment in bidding shall be allowed for further viewing of any parcel. Bontrager Real Estate and Auction Service cannot provide admittance to any parcel lot for closer inspection.
9. The various parcels shall be offered from the list of parcels previously available in such order and manner as the Auctioneer shall deem proper.
10. The Legislature reserves the right to set minimum opening bids on any or all parcels to be auctioned at any time prior to the Auction. The minimum opening bid on any parcel shall be $300.00.
The information in this catalog/brochure has been obtained from reliable sources. However, the Auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. All announcements from the auction block take precedence over any printed or advertised material. The Purchaser shall be responsible for obtaining any financing if needed. It is understood that the Auctioneer is representing and acting as the agent for the Seller, but will deal honestly, fairly and in good faith with any potential bidder/buyer.
CITY OF BATAVIA PROPERTIES TERMS OF AUCTION:
This sale and sale of each and every parcel herein is upon the following terms:
1. All sales are subject to final approval by the City Council of the City of Batavia.
City Council may review the proposed purchaser’s history in accordance with BMC §66-9(D) and decline to sell any parcel in Council’s sole and complete discretion.
2. Bidders must be present at time of auction.
3. A non-refundable deposit of twenty-five percent (25%) of the final bid price for each parcel shall be paid the day of auction with a minimum deposit of $1000.00 on any parcel. For any parcel selling for $1000.00 or less, the full purchase price shall be due day of auction. Payment shell be in CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK OR BANK DRAFT (U.S. FUNDS) ONLY at the time the property is struck down. If such deposit is not made, the property will immediately be again offered for sale.
4. All sales must be closed within 60 days after notification of approval by the City Council. If a bidder should not close within the 60 day period, the deposit will be forfeited and the property re-sold, the bidder remaining liable to the City for breach of contract damages, costs and attorney’s fees.
5. If the City Council disapproves the sale or a successful bidder fails to close on the parcel, the City may offer the second bidder the opportunity to purchase the property at the bid price offered by that individual. In the event the second bidder agrees to purchase the parcel, all applicable terms and conditions of the sale apply.
6. The City WILL NOT provide a title search or survey.
7. The City will furnish a Quit Claim Deed to the purchaser and all deeds must be recorded at closing.
8. The purchaser is responsible for paying the New York State Real Property Transfer Tax, the Transportation Assistance Tax and recording fees.
9. All properties are sold “AS IS” without any representation or warranty regarding title, value, condition, occupancy or suitability for a particular use.
10. All properties are sold subject to any existing tenancy, occupation, easement, restrictions, zoning regulations and encroachments.
11. No bid assignments or name changes will be processed by the City after the date of the sale unless accompanied by a $250.00 fee (each), paid by the party requesting same. Any bid assignments will be subject to City Council review and approval.
12. The buyer or attorney will appear at closing at a date and time set by the City Attorney’s Office at Genesee County Clerks Office and be responsible for recording same and acknowledges that title to said real property will not be transferred until such delivery of the Quit Claim Deed.
The information in this catalog/brochure has been obtained from reliable sources. However, the Auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. All announcements from the auction block take precedence over any printed or advertised material. The Purchaser shall be responsible for obtaining any financing if needed.
It is understood that the Auctioneer is representing and acting as the agent for the Seller, but will deal honestly, fairly and in good faith with any potential bidder/buyer.
All properties will be auctioned at Bontrager’s Auction Center, 8975 Wortendyke Road, Batavia, NY. Bontrager’s Auction Center is located at 8975 Wortendyke Road. From Route 33 turn south on Wortendyke Road (3.5 miles west of Batavia). Our auction center is located about 1/2 mile from the intersection on the east side of the road.